Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Misadventures

Happy Spring break!

Thats right, this week all my runs will be taking place in the great old ROFO/OP. (River Forest/ Oak Park). Yesterday I ran 7 miles. Today I ran 3. I am sore. Yes, for the first time in all of my marathon training, I am feeling it. Not to bad, don't get me wrong. But just a little twinge here and there. The 7 miles yesterday went well, its nice that Chicago is so FLAT. But it was long and I did not necessarily enjoy mile 6. 7 was fine, 6 was what killed me. Don't ask why.

Today, after my lovely 3 mile drag (calling it a run would be very nice to what I did for a half hour), I dropped DJ off at volleyball and went down town to FLEET FEET! I am officially a serious runner. Or something like that. After getting totally lost and driving all over the North side, ( I was 3 blocks away, thought I had gone too far, so I turned back and drove down Montrose all the way back to Lake shore drive...twice) I found this stupid place. I was cursing under my breath as I walked in, I did not understand why I had to drive so far for a stupid pair of shoes. Now I get it. This dude had me try on 3 pairs, run in all of them, he studied my bio mechanics or some shit like that, it was intense. But the shoes I got are sweet. And they feel really good. So I guess it was worth it. The most exciting thing I learned is that I do not have to get a fannypack water bottle thing!! I asked the serious runner dude and he told me he ran the marathon without one, so I would be fine! That was a relief.

Tomorrow is 5 miles, Thursday is 4, Friday is 3, and Saturday should be rest, but Im going to do my 7 that day because even God slept in on Easter Sunday, right? Plus I will need my energy for the Easter egg hunt. ;)

Its going to be 70 tomorrow!!!

-kv

1 comment:

  1. Katie!! Run with us Saturday morning, okay? :)

    And tell me more about your new shoes. What kind? How exciting!

    ReplyDelete