Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Speedy Gonzales. Arribarriba!

I am happy to announce that today was the first day I have officially passed another runner! Yes, that's right. Not a mom pushing her baby in a stroller. Not a fast walking old couple. An actual runner. It was glorious! Granted, he was probably going the same pace as I would be running any other day, but not today. Tuesdays are my speedy days: aka 3 miles at 25.5 minutes or under. I hit 25 today...I'm aiming for 24 in the near future, and I thought I was going to get it today, but there are these lovely beasts called hills that slow me down. The one problem with my place of residence is that it is on top of a hill, so no matter which direction you're coming from, you're going to be climbing up that mountain. Grrrrrrrr.

On a scarier note, today Katie came out of the elevator and asked me "Have you signed up for the marathon yet?!" My answer was "No..." Apparently registration is closed. I don't know what to do. I mean, I'm running this damn thing, but I don't know what to do...I guess if worst comes to worst, I'll just hop the fence and steal someone's number. Sounds like a plan to me...

...I hope not.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment