Monday, March 22, 2010

Vitamins and Recovery

I am now officially 2 months into this mess. Its my second easy week on the schedule, which means I am not running today! The timing is perfect because playoffs for interrmural basketball start tonight and because of a few grave injuries to Team Baby Mama Drama, I will need to be in fine form this evening. I will run 4 miles tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, and just 3 on Saturday! It looks so calm and peaceful.

In other news I have begun taking a Multivitamin every day. A grown up one. I had bought gummy vitamins thinking that that was a sound life decision, and it was not. I went to give blood a few weeks ago and they told me my hemoglobin levels were really really scary low. Like they could not even read the amount because it was that low. This was shocking because the last time I gave blood I was able to give double red blood cells, because I had the hemoglobin levels of a muscular man. (Not sure if I was more impressed or embarrassed....). They told me to eat some red meat and try again later, but after talking to my Mom and learning that low iron runs in the family, I decided (or my mom insisted...whatever you want to call it), to start taking care of myself. So here I sit, staring at this huge horse pill I must take every day. It is helping. I have more energy, have been sleeping better, my breathing on runs is easy and low these days. I just hate taking these things! Those gummy ones were so tasty....

Happy Monday!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment