Monday, February 1, 2010

Time for Tylenol

My first aches and pains have finally set in...I'm not quite sure when it started. Last Friday I ran 6 miles (my farthest so far) on ze treadmill and things were good. Started right in time for two back to back episodes of this wedding dress show on TLC to come on. I was only gonna do 4, but I was feeling good so I kept going, also because I knew I wouldn't want to run as much on Saturday. Then comes Saturday...the lower right side of my calf was kind of tight. No biggie, it didn't bug me too much. Then yesterday I went out to do 5 miles and it was a sharp pain every step i took. I was worried it would hurt more and that I should've turned around, but the thing was that it never got worse, and it definitely didn't get better. Sooo I kept going. Then afterwards I did the calf stretch, but it didn't really get the right spot. So I iced it and tried to rub it out, and man is it sore today. I think I'll cut it back a little bit this week, just see how it goes. I'm bummed. It's like a shin splint, but not on my shin if that makes sense. Not sure what it is, but hopefully it goes away!

~A

PS I saw this lady wearing a funny headband thing that went over her nose. It was brilliant, but super funny lookin.

No comments:

Post a Comment