Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Treadmill issues...

Waddup.

So last night I ran for 45 minutes on the treadmill (due to the cold and snow). Lately when I have run outside, I have had a hard time breathing in the cold. It honestly feels like exercise induced asthma, but I have never had that before so Im not sure what would be causing that now (other than the 8 degree temperatures...lol). So Im going to stick to the treadmill for a while. My timing was perfect last night, I got there right in time to watch "A Duggar Delivery" on TLC. But I do have a few grievances with the treadmill:

1) I sit there and watch the time count down...not ok. I kept trying to cover it up with my ID and that worked but the clock on the wall kept drawing my attention. When I run outside I do not even look at the watch.
2)Its so hot! I was sweating like a greased monkey and it was not attractive.
3) I hate watching all the tiny little sorority girls walk or work out on the elipctical while either A: talking on their iphones or B: reading their English 100 notes to themselves WITHOUT SWEATING. My god Im already a foot taller than them, and now they dont have sweat glands....sheesh.
4)I just like dodging traffic and running outside, I feel like a hamster on a wheel at the gym. Oh well.

Woah I gotta get to class...oops! Happy Wednesday!

Katie

3 comments:

  1. haha a greased monkey? i used to have the same problem staring at the time, it drove me nuts. try playing games with yourself, like see how long you can go without looking at how long, or don't let yourself look at the time until the song you're listening to ends, or the song after that. or the last trick i have up my sleeve is to bump up the speed to 6.1, or 6.2 if you're brave. that way you won't be stuck on 10 min miles for x amount of miles. if its like 9:42 min miles then you're not really sure how long it will take, so you just gotta go by the distance. hope that helps :/ but hells yea that place is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Runner's World posted some tricks to beat boredom when treatmill training

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kurt has useful advice. All I can tell you is I loathe the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete