Thursday, January 28, 2010

Advice!

Hey guys!

Sorry I have not written for about a week, we had some sad news this weekend. My grandma died on Saturday evening, and I was home earlier this week for the funeral. She was loved and will be deeply missed, and I have decided to dedicate this marathon to grandmas everywhere. I personally have 2 amazing grandmothers who are an inspiration to me. Their strength and dedication are amazing to me, and when I grow up I want to be them! Team sassy grandma is born!!

Anyway, about the whole training thing, it has been going well. I had to use a treadmill this morning because (due to the 3 degree temp) and that sucked, but I did 3 miles. Does anyone else think running on the treadmill is way harder than running outside? Boo and hiss. Im waiting for the thaw. I got a lot of great advice while I was home from all the crazy people who I know who like to run marathons. Some of the best points are as follows:

-Dont be afraid to set high goals and push yourself, because you never know what you can accomplish -Kurt
-Its good training in Madison for a race like Chicago because its so hilly here, and chicago is extremely flat. -Sue
-Its good to do short, sprint workouts as well as long training runs. -Kurt
-Chicago is a great first marathon place because it is so crowded along the whole course, and has a lot of energy. -Aunt Katie

So thats that for now. It was great seeing so many awesome runners while I was home, I came back really energized and ready to get training hard. I can't wait.

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment