Monday, February 22, 2010

Yayy recovery!

This week is a recovery week. Every 4th week on my handy little schedule, I get a week with less mileage. I am assuming this is to let my body rest up and not die midway to the marathon, so I'm all for a recovery week. Today was 3 miles, so I really pushed it, and it felt good. Especially considering my ipod ran out of batteries so I was forced to listen to myself breathe, which I hate more than anything. I found myself racing the people around me, and watching the UW dance team work it in the next room over. That was entertainment enough, let me tell you. I guess I'm just jealous I can not dance.

In other sporting news, TEAM BABY MAMA DRAMA DOMINATED last night. For those of you who are unaware, BABY MAMA DRAMA is our intermural basketball team. Last night we played the Air Force ROTC kids (we're in the competitive league...), and although we were down by about 20 at the half, and I had to guard a giant man child with hell in his eyeballs, we came out on top, somehow. Let me just say this, marathon training shape does not = basketball shape. I was dying out there. Looks like I'll be cross training with some short track workouts, or I'll just continue to look like a Gatorade commercial after 2 minutes of play. Either is attractive.

Happy Monday!!
K-tizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment