Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Awkward....

Hey guys!

Wanna hear an awkward story...I bet you do. So today, my naive runners ass decided to see if Walgreens had bodyglide. (Now that I'm running an hour at a time Im beginning to rub). So I walk in all smiley and happy and ask the nearest man if they carry Bodyglide. He gave me a funny look and said they did, follow him. He was all awkwardly looking at me and walking fast and hunchie. So we get to the aisle titled "feminine hygiene, family planning", and he pointed me in that direction. Confused, but not getting it yet, I looked at the shelf he had indicated and picked up the bottle labeled "BODYGLIDE- For her". Anyone get it yet? Well, I was looking at said bottle, and it suddenly dawned on me that "BODYGLIDE- For her" was not the bodyglide that runners use. No no, it was a feminine personal lubricant. Ugh.

Other than that awkward encounter, the training has been going well. I time my treadmill runs around Olympic events (tonight was womens snowboard cross), and try not to cry at all of the inspirational stories. I have worked my way up to 6 miles, and I actually am not in any pain yet (just wait, I wont be able to walk tomorrow). I think that my lack of sore has to do somewhat with this new technique I am trying out. You may have heard of it. Its called "stretching" and I hear some of the more serious athletes do it from time to time. Although its kind of radical for my taste, I someday hope to be able to touch my toes, like so many others can.

I also just finished reading the book "The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide for Women" because my wonderful cousin Lauren sent it to me in a box full of inspiration. It was an awesome book, and I loved all of the stories and advice. I feel motivated and pumped and excited to eat a million calories of carbs a day!!

I promise to start updating this more frequently...oops! Gotta love midterms!!

Happy Mardi Gras!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. That story sounds like it belongs in the Non-Runner's Guide to the Marathon. Hillarious. Right up there with when Dawn takes a nap in the middle of a long run.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that's too funny katie v, too. funny. speaking of awkward, i think my butt cramped today. that was weird...

    ReplyDelete