Saturday, February 27, 2010

OUTSIDE!!

I RAN OUTSIDE TODAY!! It was so nice. I have forgotten what its like to breathe real air, and run a real distance, and try to dodge real cars! It was so refreshing not to have to stare at the numbers on the treadmill, and to soak up the glorious sun. Its 35 degrees here today, and it feels amazing. I'm about ready to bust out the shorts...ok maybe not yet. But soon!

This week I have been pushing the pace, since the distances have been shorter. And I can feel myself getting back in shape. It is a wonderful feeling, to finish a run at an all out sprint, and to feel good afterwords. Working out is like a drug, the more I do, the more I want to do it, and the better I feel after doing it. Did that statement make me sound like a druggie? hmmm...

I have run 57 miles in the last month, (yes I just counted)...and I'm excited to keep adding to that. Today completes my first month of "official" marathon training :) Next month...68. Thank you to everyone who has given me advice, presents, encouragement and inspiration this past month, I appreciate everything!

NOW GET OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND GO ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY!! NOW!

Katie

1 comment: