Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh hey there!

Hey guys!
I was recently informed by my wonderful mother that its been a while since I updated the blog. She is correct. Last week was a rest week, I only ran 15 miles total, so I did not feel like there was much to share on that front. But this week I'm running 28, sooo thats going to suck. But there are some major life developments I would like to share with the 5 or 6 people who read this:

1) I am getting much faster. Last week I ran a timed mile, and I ran it in 7:06. Now this may not seem spectacular, but this was mile 4. So I was pleased with that.

2) I can see muscles in my legs/abs/arms again. Its a wonderful sight, right in time for summer.

3) I am eating about as much as a teenage boy (although that really isn't that shocking)

4) I have lost about 15 pounds. Which is a good thing. Last year while I was rowing, I was real thin, to the point where I was constantly injured and sick and my coaches were trying to get me to eat about 24/7. (In my defense its hard to take in an extra 1500 calories a day...). After I stopped rowing, I basically stopped moving, but my body still expected 5 meals a day (ahh the memories...). So as you can imagine, I put on a little chub. Thankfully, the chub is all but gone, and I am feeling good about it. Now I have to make sure I don't keep dropping weight, or I'll be back to the nasty, sickly, injured thing I was last year. BRING ON THE CALORIES!

5) I ran 8 miles on Sunday, all by myself! This was my first "long" run I had to do all on my own, and it went by fast! I made good time, my second half was 4 minutes faster than my first. I was just hungry. I need to start packing snacks...Yesterday I had an easy 4.

6) Today I will run 6 miles, tomorrow is off, Thursday and Friday are 5 a piece, Saturday is off, and Sunday I have a 9-miler. ewwww.

7) The Madison half marathon is in 33 days. Yikes.

Thats all for now! I hope everyone (meaning the 6 people who read this :)) is enjoying this wonderful spring weather!!

Peace Easy
kv

No comments:

Post a Comment