Friday, April 9, 2010

Dragging...

Ah! Its been almost a week since I updated. Oops!

The mileage is really starting to build. When I started this schedule, running 14 miles in a week took it all out of me. This week, I ran 26.5. Part of that huge jump is because I did 2.5 extra miles on Saturday's long run, but still, thats a big jump. By the end of this 18 week buildup schedule, I will be running about 35 miles/week.

Here's how this week broke down for me:
Saturday: 9.5 miles with Lauren and Dan

Sunday: EASTER

Monday: 5 miles, nothing too fancy

Tuesday: (this is where the dragging ass came in. I could not get motivated to get off the couch and just run. So I broke schedule and took Tuesday off instead of Wednesday...)

Wednesday: 4 miles, out and back, first two at about 11:20 pace, second two at 7:15 and 8:34. I was happy with this workout, I knew I wanted to push the pace the second half but I did not know I had a 7:15 mile in me. Yayy fitness.

Thursday: 4 miles, hills, ew.

Friday (today): OFF!!

Tomorrow I think I am going to go run hills with Dan from Cubicle dad. Im going to be in Chicago for a weekend with my friends, and since they are running before anyone will even be awake, that should work out just fine! I am looking forward to a workout that will really push me. Especially after all of the ass dragging that took place this week.

Happy Friday! Hopefully this nasty weather realizes its April now and gives us a splendid weekend!!

kv

No comments:

Post a Comment