Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh Hey Blog...

Hi,

It's been a while...I'm sorry. Let's see what you've missed...

Over spring break I ran my first 9-miler. It was really nice weather, but no matter how fast or slow I went my legs just ached and ached. Heart rate was pretty low, but my legs were pretty sore for the lats 2 miles. I also ran to my high school track and hung out with the track team for a little bit. I tried doing an easy hurdle workout with the girls: 2xhurdles-100m down and 100m back. After doing that, I realized that marathon shape does NOT mean sprinting shape. Holey Moley. But it was fun to hang out with the youngins again.

Last week: back to school. It was a nutso week, bouncing between studying for my art pisstory exam on Thurs and going back to Milwaukee on Wed for an interview with American Eagle and then coming back to Madison at night. Needless to say I only got in 19 miles. Finished the week off with visiting Katie's family in Chicago! Like she said, we had an amazing weekend, and met with "Cubicle Dad" and ran 8 miles of hills. Ooh baby, that was a good one. It actually wasn't all that bad with each mile being broken up. Shout out to our friend Jacque who hasn't worked out in a while and jumped in to do all 8 miles with us. Wow. And shout out to our friend Marie who did 3.6 with shitty knee problems, you go girl.

To start off this week, I ran my world record 3 miler in 24:14. Soon into the run I realized that eating Gardettos and drinking Squirt beforehand was a bad decision...Friday I'm supposed to do a 10 miler...ohhh boy. I don't really know where I should go. Somewhere flat, but then again that's almost impossible in Madison.

OH MY GOD! Biggest and bestest news EVER:
I'M OFFICIALLY REGISTERED FOR THE MARATHON!!! Like omg totes official like forreal forreal. I'm running for a charity called Girls in the Game (http://www.girlsinthegame.org/) that support young girls being healthy and involved with sports to develop confidence and leadership skills. I just got emailed all of the fundraising details so I'll have to check those out. But now Katie officially won't be running by herself! Yay :)

Tomorrow's going to be a high of 77 degrees. Time to bust out the tank tops!

It's good to be back.
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment