Wednesday, May 19, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

Interesting/embarrassing things that have happened on my runs since I have been home:

1. When I run, I tend to spit a lot, but I at least do it discretely to the side in the grass. But the other day I turned to spit and didn't hear the guy coming up about to pass me and missed spitting on him by nearly a millimeter...oops. My bad.

2. I forget how warm weather brings out the bugs, especially near dusk. So naturally, I run into a swarm of nats and i accidently eat one as I'm inhaling. So for some reason I thought it was a good idea to blow it out of my nose (even though it went into my mouth) and got snot all over my face. Fail.

3. Last Saturday must have been some high school's prom because I ran by plenty of limo's and girls in pretty dresses. I ran by a big group getting their pictures taken and became too distracted looking at the girls' colorful dresses that I tripped. Bad. Not just a little stumble, but the kind where you think you're gonna face plant and by some miracle your legs catch you awkwardly just in time.

4. After my tripping incident, I saw a school bus up ahead with its flashers on and was like hmmm that's interesting, I've never seen a school bus on a Saturday...and then I noticed a bunch of overly eager moms with cameras and thought no...no. But yes, there was a group of kids who took a school bus to prom! I was confused because I wasn't sure if wow, that's so funny/cool, or wow, that's so lame.

5. On the last mile of my 10 miler, I was going very slow. It was like the little engine that couldn't. But i was still trudgin along when a car passed me and some little teenage boy yells out "Come on, you should be sprinting!" Merrr...not the kind of motivation i needed.

Man it's good to be home!
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment